Calling All Tax Paying Ladies of the Polis!

If you've ever entertained at a Symposium then this is the Blog for you!

Every day I'll be taking you through the ins and outs of (Gasp!) being a Hetaera in the big, bad city of Athens. If you're reading this from the courtyard of your husband's family home, then you have no idea what I'm talking about, but if you've been studying the fine art of entertaining men in Ancient Greece from 400 -300 B.C., then keep reading! Shoot Girl, You Know who you are!


Old School!

Old School!
Hetaera, Phintias Painter c. 510

20100331

Why Can't I be like Thaïs? Some girls have all the luck.


Ugh! Sometimes I feel like I just can't make any progress with these men. Sometimes I go to the Symposium and I'm just invisible. Do you ever feel that way?

Why can't I be like Thaïs? This girl travels to Persepolis with Alexander the Great and says "I think you should burn down the Palace." And he DOES IT!

Some nights I can't even get a patron to buy me dinner. It's just so unfair. I mean, what's she got that I don't?

No comments:

Post a Comment